Who we are
Our website address is: http://yarnybird.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact forms
If you wish to contact us through our contact form, your name, email address, and the comment/note you provide will be visible to us. We keep contact submission forms for 6 months for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through these contact submission forms for marketing purposes.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites
Who we share your data with
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you reach out to us using the contact form, your contact submission information will be retained for customer service purposes for 6 months.
The information obtained through Google Analytics will be retained for 14 months.
Where we send your data
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as WordPress is Privacy Shield certified.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What rights you have over your data
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you may have the right to access and receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can request this by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) weI will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons. To opt out of emails that you have previously given us personal consent to join, you may also click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any emails sent to you from YarnyBird.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Rachel Black, am the data controller of your personal information within my website at YarnyBird.com. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.